Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Companion to Shakespeare's 18th Sonnet


Should I compare thee to a summer’s day,

I feel one in spring would take great offense.

I dream of you as I see flowers sway,

for you bring the color to my heart dense

For one in autumn, I think of the leaves;

your hair like those red and eyes like those gold

and your golden face, O my heart it thieves

as my eyes meet yours in foliage cold

As one in winter comes, I think of snow

like your skin so white and pure but so warm

since I reach for you like fire in glow

as our lips embrace in the reaping storm

Do not discount summer; our love is vernal

With this in four, our love be eternal



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote this sonnet during the summer after reading Shakespeare's 18th sonnet (Shall I compare thee to a summer's day. . . )

1 comment: