Search This Blog

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Torrent

Hey folks,

Well, I just wrapped my second-to-last semester of my college life.  Remember the Yōkai Capstone Project I told you about?  I've decided to make it one of my New Year Resolutions to start uploading my work, from my Capstone Project and any future Yokai I invent.


In the meantime, here's a poem I wrote as part of my Creative Writing course.  Enjoy!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Torrent

Pouring
The only towel I have is my blanket
The campout had been disturbed
in the middle of the night
I try my best to ignore
The rain isn’t just pouring,
it is roaring. 

Roaring
as if my ears are right next to a waterfall
I can hear the rain pounding,

Pounding
on our tent like a madman at the front door
An immediate evacuation,
we emerge from our tents like molting cicadas
Meeting crying clouds
we begin to run
to the bus lit like the Heavens

My heart is punching
my ribcage
I jog to the bus that shone
in the wet darkness
like a lighthouse in a foggy night
the sky

My ears
Explode

My muscles
Flinch

I jump. 
I run
for my life,

Dashing
to the bus
Its doors are glowing
Drying off with a blanket-towel
I take the first two seats
I place my head on the side of the window,
my ear presses to the glass. 
The rain can’t hurt me anymore.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Hope you like it!






No comments:

Post a Comment